Monday 3 April 2023

Photograph Organisation- Begun!

Sorting out old family photographs has been on the 'to do' list for a couple of years now, and really, 2023 must be the year I get properly started on the task! In February I even wrote a piece for the local genealogy newsletter, drawing attention to a series of magazine articles in Family Tree Magazine by Ann Larkham from the UK. (This magazine is in my local library.) She was interviewed for the magazine website, and discusses why and how to treasure family photos.

There's a good summary of her five step process on her own website. I am at the first stage of this- Gather & Back-up- but at least all the family photos are now all on one table ready to be dealt with!

In January a cousin asked me if I had a copy of a group photo taken at a family reunion back in 1992 in Kumara. As part of my gathering process today, I found the photo he was wanting. I have scanned a copy, and also scanned it with a slip with all the names on. (That's a tip I read on Twitter somewhere!)
A sad thing about this photo is that only two of the ten of us in the photo are still alive. I was awfully young then- about 34!- and still with dark hair.

The table is full of photos- let the sorting and organising begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment