Friday 16 August 2019

Filing the non-filed...

Another consequence of last weekend's expo- checking my filing system... Now, some of it isn't too bad. Two(?) years ago I re-organised all the papers I had scanned and digitised into a slightly different folder arrangement. Has mostly worked well. Only problem has been my tendency to take screen shots- mostly of my latest fascinating rabbit-hole from Papers Past!!!!- and leave them on the desktop without naming or filing them. I really must cure myself of this habit.

In the last few days I have at least put the screenshots into the appropriate folder, or nearly... First two levels of the system look good. The third level... yes I know.... another day!














Now- although *most* of the papers are sorted into relevant digital folders, a *wee* pile of actual un-filed and unsorted papers still remain. I will look at this pile presently. Whether I look and sort, or look and put away again, is of course entirely another question!


UPDATE: It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. Mostly it was in relevant plastic sleeves.

I re-found some info I had already acquired in my focus on discovering more about my mysterious John Riordan of unknown end. I feel inspired to search for him some more now...

I also re-found the 1844 Burke baptism record that my 3rd cousin iwikiwi had sent me, that seems to narrow down the village and parish we came from in Co Mayo.Yeah! (Glad I had printed it off, as I lost a lot of e-mails down a gurgler when Spark changed from Yahoo to their own e-mail system.)


No comments:

Post a Comment